Introducing our very first Printful One-On-One! In this new series, we’ll give you an inside look as two experts sit down together to talk about their ecommerce experience and knowledge. For our debut installment, we bring you a one-on-one interview with two of our customers!
Watch and read a summary of each video below:
1. Brand and Target Market
Dean and Nathan talk about finding their target audience and how to reach them. They also talk about international customers and expanding outside the USA.
Also in this episode:
- How they got started and where their inspiration came from
- Finding a niche market
- Selling to an international audience
- Which markets to expand to
“Make sure you really think about who it is you’re trying to sell to. Don’t try to be all things to all people.”
2. Social Media Marketing
Nathan and Dean talk about their experience with social media and online marketing.
Also in this episode:
- Which social media platforms work best for them
- Using Facebook ads and pages
- Instagram marketing strategies
“When a customer finds a brand that just reaches out to them… to me that builds such a solid, quick relationship”
3. Print-on-Demand Benefits, Retail Prices, and Brand Identity
In this episode, Nathan and Dean answer questions from fellow Printful-ers.
Here are some of the questions they answer:
- What retail price do you charge?
- Where do you find inspiration for designs?
- What are the advantages of using print-on-demand vs. screen printing in bulk?
- How do you maintain brand identity while using Printful?
“Inspire yourself by what is going and trending at the moment, and see how you can address that with your particular flavor.”
4. Starting Up in Ecommerce
In our last installment of this series Nathan and Dean reflect on what they’re learned over the years. Here is what Nathan said,
In this episode they go over:
- What advice they would give themselves back when they were starting out
- The importance of sample orders
- Building local relationships
“Take your time, enjoy the process, and also make more relationships.”
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to never miss the latest videos like these! If you liked this One-One-One, let us know in the comments below what topics or interviews you’d like to see next!
If this inspired you to launch your own online store, then download our free eBook! It’s full of advice to help you get started. Simply click below