Studies show that North Americans are 22% more likely to buy a product if the product is brand labeled. And that’s good news for you because Printful offers this branding option!
Inside label printing with Printful
Inside label printing is when your garment – instead of having the typical fabric tag that at the back of the collar – has a printed label on the inside of the t-shirt, where the tag would usually be
You can create your own custom labels through Printful that will be printed onto your garments. One printed label costs $2.49 per shirt, and you have a 3×3 inch plane to work with (that means your design shouldn’t be larger than 3×3″, but it can be smaller).
To place an order with inside label print, you need to login to your Printful account and hit “New Order” button. Once you select a product with the tear-away label, you’ll be taken to our mockup generator. Now you can open “Inside label” section and drop your design!
The benefits of inside label printing
- Customize your t-shirts to stand out. The bonus of customization is not only the obvious – by customizing your label, you’re working another angle of creating your brand, which is another way you’ll stand out from the rest.
- The quality is in the details. This will make your garments seem more professional, more qualitative. You’re not stuck with a mass-produced label that any blank t-shirt comes with. It will make your consumer know that you’ve taken the time, thought about the little things that make up the shirt.
- The practical benefits – no more tag! And of course, what would a list of benefits be if we didn’t mention the end-user main benefit? No more tag! That means goodbye to itchy t-shirt tags, and goodbye to the awkward peek-a-boo tag.
Apparel with tear away on Printful
If you want to include your own custom printed tag on your garments through Printful, then there are a few things you should know.
Besides the technical specifications (as mentioned above – the 3×3″ size availability), you should know that inside label printing is only available for garments with tear away labels.
You can filter garments by “Branding options” to find products with tear away labels.
You can also sort garments with tear away tags by models, brands, colors, and other characteristics. And if you’re having hard times deciding which garment to choose, here are a few well-loved options:
T-shirts with tear away label
- Bella+Canvas 3001 Unisex Short Sleeve Jersey T-Shirt with Tear Away Label
- Bella+Canvas 3413 Unisex Triblend Short Sleeve T-Shirt with Tear Away Label
- Anvil 980 Lightweight Fashion Short Sleeve T-Shirt with Tear Away Label
- Anvil 988 Lightweight Ringer Tee with Tear Away Label
- Gildan 64000 Unisex Softstyle T-Shirt with Tear Away Label
- Los Angeles Apparel 20001 Fine Jersey Short Sleeve Men T-Shirt w/ Tear Away Label
- Next Level 3600 Premium Fitted Short Sleeve Crew with Tear Away Label
Tank tops with tear away label
- Bella+Canvas 3480 Unisex Jersey Tank with Tear Away Label
- Gildan 2200 Ultra Cotton Tank Top with Tear Away Label
3/4 sleeve shirts with tear away label
Long sleeve shirts with tear away label
- Bella+Canvas 3000 Long Sleeve Baseball Jersey T-Shirt with Tear Away Label
- Los Angeles Apparel 2007 Unisex Fine Jersey Long Sleeve T-Shirt w/ Tear Away Label
- Next Level 3601 Premium Fitted Long Sleeve Crew with Tear Away Label
Things you should put in your label
You can take a creative approach to what you put on your tag, but there are a few things you have to indicate on your tag by law. Those include:
- size of the garment
- origin of the garment – where it was made
- information about the material of the garment.
All in all, this is something you should have fun with. An amazingly designed label will be appreciated and remembered by those who wear your clothes. It will take your branding to the next level, and create a more cohesive, and well thought-out look for your brand.
To make things easier, we’ve put together inside label templates that you can use. We’ve already done the research in regard to the origin of the product – just choose the brand you’re using for the shirt. For more info on preparing your inside label, check out our inside label guidelines.
This is one of three templates we’ve created that you can use for free. They’re in .psd format, so simply open them in Photoshop, add your logo, and make any changes.