What is Inside Label Printing?
Inside Label Printing is when your garment – instead of having the typical fabric tag that at the back of the collar – has a printed label on the inside of the t-shirt, where the tag would usually be.
You can create your own custom labels through Printful that will be printed onto your garments. One printed label costs $2.50 per shirt, and you have a 3×3 inch plane to work with (that means your design shouldn’t be larger than 3×3″, but it can be smaller). Studies show that North Americans are 22% more likely to buy a product if the product is brand labelled.
We’ve also included 3 free inside tag templates that you can use to customize that you’ll find at the bottom of this blog post.
You can find the Inside Label Printing option in Printful by going to your “Submit Order” section of the profile. When you select a t-shirt with the tear-away label option, then you will also see a “Label Print” option. That’s where you’ll go to select your file.
The benefits of inside label printing
- Customize your t-shirts to stand out The bonus of customization is not only the obvious – by customizing your label, you’re working another angle of creating your brand, which is another way you’ll stand out among the rest.
- The quality is in the details This will make your garments seem more professional, more qualitative. You’re not stuck with a mass-produced label that any blank t-shirt comes with. It will make your consumer know that you’ve taken the time, thought about the little things that make up the shirt.
- The practical benefits – no more tag! And of course what would a list of benefits be if we didn’t mention the end-user main benefit? No more tag! That means goodbye to itchy t-shirt tags, and goodbye to the awkward peek-a-boo tag.
Tear away label available on Printful
If you want to include your own custom printed tag on your garments through Printful, then there are a few things you should know.
Besides the technical specifications (as mentioned above – the 3×3″ size availability), you should know that these labels look best when they’ve been applied onto a shirt that has a “tear-away label” option. We suggest these models that we currently stock:
From the “Alternative Apparel” Brand
From the “Anvil” Brand
Anvil 980 Lightweight Fashion Shirt Sleeve T-Shirt with TearAway™ Label
Anvil 982 Lightweight Fashion V-neck T-Shirt with TearAway™ Label
Anvil 420 Organic Cotton T-Shirt with TearAway™ Label
Anvil 949 Lightweight Fashion Long Sleeve T-Shirt with TearAway™ Label
Anvil 986 Lightweight Fashion Tank with TearAway™ Label
Anvil 882L Ladies Missy Fit Ringspun Tank Top with TearAway™ Label
Anvil 391 Ladies Sheer Scoopneck T-Shirt with TearAway™ Label
Anvil 880 Ladies Ringspun Fashion Fit T-Shirt with TearAway™ Label
From the LAT brand
From American Apparel
From the Next Level brand
Bella+Canvas 3001 Unisex Short Sleeve T-Shirt with Tearaway Label
Bella+Canvas 3413 Triblend Unisex Short Sleeve T-Shirt with Tearaway Label
Bella+Canvas 8413 Ladies’ Triblend Short Sleeve T-Shirt with Tearaway Label
Bella+Canvas 3480 Unisex Jersey Tank Top
Things you should put in your label
You can take a creative approach to what you put on your tag, but there are a few things you have to indicate on your tag by law. Those include:
- size of the garment
- origin of the garment – where it was made
- information about the material of the garment.
All in all, this is something you should have fun with. An amazingly designed label will be appreciated and remembered by those who wear your clothes. It will take your branding to the next level, and create a more cohesive, and well thought-out look for your brand.
To make things easier, we’ve put together inside label templates that you can use. We’ve already done the research in regard to the origin of the product – just choose the brand you’re using for the shirt. For more info on preparing your inside label, check out our inside label guidelines.
This is one of three templates we’ve created that you can use for free. They’re in .psd format, so simply open them in Photoshop, add your logo, and make any changes.