Amazon requires that the products you sell on its marketplace have a GTIN (Global Trade Item Number). However, if you sell products through Printful, they won't have a GTIN. So you have to request exemption from Amazon.
If you're setting up with the Printful + Amazon integration, the final step is submitting your GTIN exemption to Amazon:
When you click the “submit” button, you'll be redirected to this page on Amazon:
Here you'll have to enter some extra info about your brand:
- Enter that you're requesting exemption for branded products, because you sell private label products.
- Select that you do have a brand support letter.
- Enter the product categories you sell and a link to your website (or downloadable images of your products). Printful products fall under 4 categories:
- Clothing & Accessories
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Home & Garden
- Upload your brand support letter and wait!
After you submit your request, you'll have to wait a few days for Amazon to review. They'll send you an email once it's been approved.
If you want to request GTIN exemption for new products later:
Go to your Printful Dashboard → Stores → Click "Edit" on your Amazon store → GTIN Exemption. Then follow the steps to submit a new GTIN exemption request.