How do I configure VAT on Ecwid?
Consult a tax specialist to learn about your tax obligations and whether you're required to charge VAT.
- On your Ecwid admin panel, go to Settings → Taxes
- Under “Manual,” click “Manage Tax Rates”
- Click “Add New Tax” on the top left-hand side of the page
- Enter a tax name (VAT)
- Check “Enabled by default for all products.” (you can go through your product catalog and manually enter which products are VAT exempt).
- Under Tax Applies To, select “Subtotal + Shipping.”
- Check whether or not you want to include tax in product prices.
- Under Zones Defined By, select “Shipping Address.”
- Save changes and click “Manage Shipping Zones.” Here you'll have to enter the European Union as a zone if you haven't already (if you have, skip to step 11).
- Click “Add New Zone,” name it European Union, and check all EU member states.
- Back in taxes, select EU as your shipping zone and enter your tax rate (this depends on the country in which you're registered as a VAT payer).
If you still have questions, contact us here