How do I configure VAT on BigCommerce?
Consult a tax specialist to learn about your tax obligations and whether you're required to charge VAT.
- Go to Store Setup → Tax (select manual setup)
- Go to the Tax Rates & Zones tab and click “Add a tax zone”
- Enter “European Union” as the tax zone, select all EU member states, and save
- Click on the “Tax rate” tab to set the tax rate for your new zone
- Enter a tax name, like VAT
- Enter the tax class rate. This depends on the rate of the country in which you're registered as a VAT payer.
- Enter the same tax rate for shipping.
- Check “Enable tax rate” and click “save”
If you still have questions, contact us here