Consult a tax specialist to learn about your tax obligations and whether you're required to charge VAT.
Tictail doesn't allow you to configure taxes for more than one location.
Here's what you can do:
- Focus on one region – either North America or the EU. Then configure taxes based only on that region.
- Open two separate stores – one for North American customers and another one targeting the European Union.
- Don't charge your customers VAT, but raise your retail prices to account for Printful's VAT charge. One drawback here is that you risk overcharging your US customers.
To edit your tax settings, go to your store's home page and click “Edit your store's country, currency, and tax.”
- Enter your store's location (eg. where you're registered as a VAT payer)
- Enter the VAT rate you'll be charging. This is based on the country in which you're registered.
- Under “Tax applies in,” select “European Union.”
- Decide whether your prices will include tax (customers in the EU are used to taxes being included in your prices).
- Check “Apply tax to shipping.”