What direct‑to‑film printing brings to your product range
Direct-to-film (DTF) prints are versatile and can handle even the most complex designs. Whether your design includes photos, intricate graphics, fine art, or small text, DTF printing can bring it to life with sharp, clear, and striking results.
Direct-to-film printing is suitable for heavy-duty sportswear, outerwear, and any apparel fabric that direct-to-garment can’t print on.
Some of the fabrics include:
The new technique is incredibly versatile and can also be used for prints on various fabric blends.
Here’s why direct-to-film printing is your next fave design technique
How direct-to-film printing works
The new technique uses a 2-step process:
1. The design is directly printed onto a special film using water-based inks.
2. The film is then coated with a special adhesive powder and a heat press is used to transfer the design onto the fabric
Create lifelike and vibrant art
Direct-to-film printing can easily take on complex and intricate designs.
With this technique, you can:
- Keep designs looking fresh even with heavy wash and wear
- Make color or text come alive on designs using transparent space
- Create designs for more fabrics (compared to the direct-to-garment print technique)
Because the printing process involves the direct transfer of images onto fabric, designs come out detailed and color gradients transition smoothly from one shade to another.
DTG printing & DTF printing
What’s the difference between direct-to-garment and direct-to-film fulfillment techniques? In this video, we break down each fulfillment technique and give you a behind-the-scenes look at the fulfillment process so you can make an informed choice.
How to create direct-to-film products
Pick a product from our catalog that allows DTF printing
Upload your file or create one with our Design Maker
Place your order or add the product to your online store