Get the ball rolling on your holiday sales
Learn the global sales trends for BFCM 2023
The holiday season is the most profitable time of the year for many businesses, including yours
- US online holiday sales grew 3.5% year-over-year, reaching over $211B in 2022
- Last year, Cyber Week drove more than $35B in revenue—nearly $500M more than original projections
- Early deals drive an uptick in early holiday sales—50% of consumers expect to start shopping for gifts before November
- In the US, Cyber Monday was the biggest online sales day in 2022
Printful’s product trend report 2022
Take a look back at 2022 Cyber week at Printful and use these insights in this year’s campaigns
- On Cyber Monday, the home & living department led in sales among our four major departments: embroidery, DTG, cut & sew, and home & living.
- The global embroidery market is forecasted to reach $5.4B by 2027. Our embroidery category is growing as well, with embroidered hoodies being the top pick during BFCM.
- The bestselling category of BFCM 2022 was t-shirts. This is a trend that we see year-round.
- In 2022, we saw the demand for gift-worthy products stretch out even after Cyber Week into December, allowing for more sales than previous years.
- BFCM deals have been successfully adopted outside the US. In 2022, Printful saw an increase in online sales in countries like Spain and Italy. Download our full trend report for more insights!
How Printful Prepares to Fulfill Your Holiday Shopping Season Orders
Jump on one of the hottest holiday trends
How to get ready for the holiday season
Dedicate time for research, planning, and preparing
Create a timeline
Shoppers will start buying gifts earlier this year to avoid price hikes, so get your store ready as early as September. Start now:
- Choose products for your store and create new designs
- Set up banners, coupon codes, and other technicalities on your store
Decide on marketing campaigns
Choose one or mix-and-match multiple offers to see what works for your audience. Consider:
- % or $ discounts, quantity discounts
- Free shipping, promo codes
- Buy one, get one free
- Giveaways, contests
Write down a communications plan with all the content you’ll need to work on. It’s a time-consuming process, so here are some ideas for you:
- Emails (order deadlines, offers, guides, new products, etc.)
- Social media copy (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, etc.)
- Visuals (product photos, campaigns, social media posts, store banners, ads, etc.)
We’ve prepared a guide with practical information that’ll help you prepare for the holiday season. Check it out!