No more inaccurate demand forecasting
Don’t let imprecise projections ruin your business
Avoid underestimating demand
Companies that plan demand too low struggle to catch up with fulfillment—and lose customers. In fact, 48% of consumers won’t wait until you get your products back in stock, they’ll just order from another brand.
By underestimating demand, you risk not hiring enough employees, order delays, and running out of stock. This costs you sales. Partnering with a print-on-demand (POD) provider will help avoid these issues.
Meet demand with zero inventory
- Industry-leading print-on-demand companies have plentiful stock of textiles and blanks for custom apparel, ready for business owners on demand
- POD companies manage the production tech and supplies, so you don’t have to stress over manufacturing
- You won’t need to hire additional employees, your POD provider handles staffing to ensure timely fulfillment
Say goodbye to overproduction and dead stock
Overcalculate demand and you get stuck with unsold inventory and extra staff. To then unload excess stock, you’ll have to offer sales or discounts, which can devalue your brand. Plus, your money’s tied up in inventory and warehousing fees.
Although retailers have different strategies to avoid overproduction, tactics like reducing product variety actually limit sales.
Protect your brand’s reputation and keep sales up with print-on-demand.
Offer as many products as you like
- POD providers produce items only once they’ve been ordered, so you don’t have to limit your product collections or SKUs—this is especially helpful during major sales events like Black Friday Cyber Monday
- Create and sell as many new products as you like without the upfront investment or financial risk
- If a product doesn’t sell, it won’t see the light of day, so you don’t get stuck with leftover stock
Shorten your lead times and ship worldwide
Selling locally can mean missing out on international sales or risking customer satisfaction with long delivery times. Your audience may love your products, but if your shipping times don’t match their expectations, you’ll end up losing almost half your customers.
Don’t spend time and money investing in inventory and international facilities—there’s an easier, less expensive way to go global and achieve fast lead times.
Choose global fulfillment
- Partner with an international POD provider that’ll allow you to make fast, low-cost deliveries all over the globe and ensure customer satisfaction
- Go with a provider that owns their fulfillment network and oversees production quality across all their facilities
- Offer a more sustainable customer experience: shorter delivery distances mean a smaller environmental impact
- With Printful, 81% of your orders will be shipped within the same region as they’re fulfilled
Reduce your inefficient shipping costs
Ship with a print-on-demand provider
Aside from long delivery times, costly shipping rates are one of the top reasons why customers don’t complete their purchases.
Partnering with carriers like USPS, FedEx, or DHL can get you a 5–40% discount on shipping costs and shoppers get their orders fast. But few in-house brands are eligible for a carrier partnership—either they can’t reach the minimum shipment quantity or the carrier prices are just too high.
Working with a print-on-demand company allows brands to access the most competitive shipping rates and times that otherwise wouldn’t be available for their level of business.
When choosing a POD company, pay attention to
Does the POD company ship worldwide?
Do the shipping costs match the delivery service quality?
Which carriers will deliver your shipments, and are they trustworthy?
Overall shipping experience
Is the shipment tracked? What responsibilities will carriers and your POD company carry?
Start using print-on-demand services
Choose Printful and start designing custom products
Fill your ecommerce store without worrying about inventory or overproduction
Promote and sell your products
Once a customer buys from your store, we’ll print, pack, and ship the orders under your brand
Solve your costly production issues with Printful
Printful fulfills the product once an order has been made from your store
No more overproduction or dead stock
Don’t deal with stock management, just focus on growing your brand
No upfront inventory investments and other in-house fulfillment costs
Fast lead times for orders worldwide
We have facilities globally—it takes 2–5 business days to fulfill an order and ship it
How POD has improved the way brands operate
''Since 2015, our POD partner has helped us grow by making premium quality products for us. Our customers are constantly impressed with the quality of the print and shirts. I wouldn’t work with the company if they didn’t carry across the premium quality nature of the products I desire my brand to be known for.''
''Before we partnered with a POD provider, we had issues with forecasting demand and scaling production to match it.''
Dean MalkaSwish Embassy
''Long shipping times and bad product quality were the main issues we faced. They caused a lot of negative reviews and resulted in non-existent customer retention. All our customers only bought once and we never saw them again. The reason for choosing our POD provider was to be able to ship products in a timely fashion and deliver a quality product that I could be proud of.''
Be ready for any shopping frenzy
Don’t let manufacturing mishaps stand in the way of sales and happy customers. Find out how to support your existing production with print-on-demand and overcome:
- Inaccurate demand forecasting and overproduction
- Long lead times for international orders
- Slow and costly shipping